President-elect Joe Biden on Friday unveiled a five-point plan to try to rescue the country’s beleaguered COVID-19 vaccination campaign and achieve his stated goal of reaching 100 million shots in his first 100 days in office.
The five steps include, in brief:
- Working with states to open and clarify eligibility for vaccination
- Help set up additional vaccination sites
- “Fully activate” pharmacies to act as vaccination sites
- Ramp up manufacturing of vaccine and supplies
- Commit to transparency and rollout a massive public information campaign to combat disinformation
“The vaccine rollout in the United States has been a dismal failure thus far,” Biden said in speech. These five things are an attempt to turn things around, to “turn frustration into motivation.”